2018 State Festival Professional Development Workshop & Credit
(3) PD credits will be accredited to all educators who participate in the Professional Development Workshop offered each festival day.
(1) PD credit will be accredited to all educators that observe student showcases/adjudications and workshops each festival day.
THE TEACHER TOOLKIT
Arts Ed Now: The Fundamentals of Advocacy
New Jersey is a leader in arts education and you can be part of the movement! This interactive one-hour session will focus on several universal challenges arts education programs face, along with strategies to overcome the obstacles. Five essential tools from the Arts Ed Now Teacher Toolkit will be introduced. Participants will work together to identify how these tools can assist them in becoming a more effective advocate in their school or community!
In this Workshop Participants will:
- Learn more about Arts Ed Now, New Jersey’s grassroots advocacy campaign.
- Understand the components of the Arts Ed Now campaign and how to apply them.
- Create an advocacy plan tailored to their specific needs and goals.
- Share with teachers and develop a supportive network.
Workshop Presented by
Kira Campo is the Program Development Manager at Arts Ed NJ, and brings to the role more than 15 years of professional experience in Visual Arts Management. She has been a professional development provider for numerous organizations, including the New Jersey Education Association and Art Educators of New Jersey. Additionally, she has designed and facilitated custom workshops with a focus on creativity and creative thinking. For five years Kira served on the board of Community Art Projects, an organization dedicated to developing public art projects in Ocean City, NJ. Kira earned a BA in Social Science from the University of Pennsylvania, using her coursework to explore the cultural sector and the functions of art making. In 2014 she completed an MA in Art + Design Education, at the University of the Arts. The focus of her research was visual thinking methods and the impact of such methods upon organizational learning. In the fall of 2015 she completed the Nonprofit Leadership Certificate Program for emerging leaders at the Institute for Ethical Leadership, Rutgers Business School.